Do you cover testing for COVID-19?
- The Fund will provide coverage for COVID-19 viral and antigen (antibody) testing when ordered by a health care provider that has deemed the testing medically necessary at 100% with no out of pocket cost to you.
What if I need to get tested?
- You should contact your primary care physician to have them order the test for you.
What If I do not have a Primary Care Physician?
- You can pre-register for testing after passing a screening for medical necessity at most CVS minute clinic locations at cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing
- Look for free walk-in testing sites at mass.gov/info-details/stop-the-spread
- Find a primary care physician at member.bluecrossma.com/fad
What if I go to urgent care for testing without a doctor’s order?
- Any testing not ordered by a physician as medically necessary and billed to Blue Cross/Blue Shield will NOT be reimbursable by the Fund. If you go to urgent care and pay out of pocket, no reimbursement will be provided.
Are at-home testing kits a covered expense?
- Only tests ordered by a physician as medically necessary and billed to Blue Cross/Blue Shield are covered by the Fund. If you pay out of pocket for an at-home test, you will not be reimbursed.
Will you provide coverage for the vaccine?
- Once available to you, the Fund will cover the administration fee for the COVID-19 vaccine at 100% with no cost to you.
Where do I get up-to-date information?
- Link to the Fund’s text messaging service by texting the word BENEFIT to 844-611-2435
- Like us on Facebook @ Mass. Laborers Benefit Funds