To read in Spanish or Portuguese, click here.
More than 700,000 new cancer cases were linked to alcohol consumption in 2020 — a time when many Americans reported drinking more.
In the height of the busy work season, now is a great time to take stock of your relationship with alcohol. Whether you or someone you know is looking to cut down on drinking, we have the resources to help.
Consider some of the questions below when you’re examining your drinking habits:
- Is your personality different when you drink?
- Do you drink to escape problems and/or gain courage?
- Has drinking caused you to miss appointments and/or work?
- Do you get drunk every time you drink?
- Have you tried and failed to drink less or stop drinking?
- Do you have trouble remembering things after drinking?
- Do you experience regret while or after drinking?
- Have family or friends expressed concern about your drinking?
If you or someone you know answers “yes” one or more of these questions, there are resources to help.
Our LEAN Recovery Program is here for any Laborers looking for support, offering weekly support groups and other tools to deal with drinking and other substance use. Get in touch with a Recovery Specialist at 1-844-423-LEAN.